Area 41 Redfern
New parking policy
A new parking policy is being rolled out progressively across the City over 12 months from August 2014.
What changes with the new parking policy?
- Redfern (Area 41) will merge with Baptist Street (Area 33) and most of Waterloo (Area 39) to create a new larger parking area – it will be known as Area 41 Redfern (see Area 41 map).
What stays the same?
- Eligibility for residential parking permits.
What is new in the policy?
When will the changes happen?
- The timing for the creation of the new Area 41 parking area is still being determined, but it is expected to happen by mid-2015 – this page will be updated once the timing is confirmed.
Do permit holders need to do anything in the meantime?
- No, if you have a resident permit you can continue to park where you normally do.
- All households with resident permits will be notified in writing when the parking area boundaries are set to change, and relevant parking area signs will be changed to 'Area 41'.
- Once the boundary changes happen you will be able to park in the wider area of your new parking area when the spaces close to you are full.
- Eligible households and businesses will also be able to apply for visitor and business parking permits by mid-2015.
Last updated: Monday, 4 August 2014