Pay your rates onlineOur online services make it easy and convenient for you to pay your rates.
You can pay using your Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card Make a payment now
Eligible pensioners can receive rebates of up to 100% on their rates and charges.
To be eligible for a rebate, the property must be your sole or principal residence.
You’ll also need a current pensioner concession card issued by Centrelink.
A current Department of Veterans' Affairs concession card can be used if issued because you are:
- a widow or widower of a member of the Australian Defence or Peacekeeping Forces
- the unmarried mother of a deceased unmarried member of either of the above forces
- a widowed mother of a deceased unmarried member of either of the above forces
- considered totally and permanently incapacitated under the law
- receiving a general rate of pension adjusted for extreme disablement, or you receive a special rate of pension under law.
How to apply
To apply, you will need to download and complete the pensioner concession application form below and once completed, return it to the City for assessment.
Changes to your circumstances
If your circumstances change and you start or stop receiving a pension, the guidelines available for download below apply to your rates rebate.
If you start receiving a pension after a quarterly billing period begins (and you meet the City's conditions), you can claim a rebate from the next quarterly billing period.
If you no longer meet the City's conditions and are not entitled to receive a rebate, any rebate you received in advance will be charged back to your rates account.
Please contact the City of Sydney on 9265 3333 should you require any further information.
Last updated: Thursday, 13 February 2014