Pay your rates onlineOur online services make it easy and convenient for you to pay your rates.
You can pay using your Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card Make a payment now
We provide eligible pensioners with a 100% rebate on rates and charges.
A proportionate rebate is provided where eligible pensioners are joint property owners with non-eligible people.
To be eligible for a pensioner rebate on residential rates and charges, the property must be your sole or principal residence.
You’ll also need a current pensioner concession card issued by Centrelink.
A current Department of Veteran’s Affairs concession card can be used if issued because you:
- are a widow or widower of a member of the Australian Defence or Peacekeeping Forces
- are the unmarried mother of a deceased unmarried member of either of the above forces
- are a widowed mother of a deceased unmarried member of either of the above forces
- are a TPI under the Veterans' Entitlement Act 1986
- receive a general rate of pension adjusted for extreme disablement under section 22 (4) of the Commonwealth Veterans' Entitlement Act 1986 or you receive a special rate of pension under section 24 of the Act.
Visit the Centrelink and Department of Veterans Affairs websites for more information on different pensioner concession cards.
How to apply
If you satisfy the City of Sydney's criteria listed in the left-hand column, download below and complete the pensioner concession application form. Return the form, together with copies of the front and back of your current pensioner concession card, to a Neighbourhood Service Centre.
You can also post your application to:
City of Sydney
GPO Box 1591
Sydney NSW 2001
Changes to your circumstances
If your circumstances change and you start or stop receiving a pension, the guidelines available for download below apply to your rates rebate.
- If you start receiving a pension after a quarterly billing period begins (and you meet the City's conditions), you can claim a rebate from the next quarterly billing period.
- If you no longer meet the City's conditions and are not entitled to receive a rebate, any rebate you received in advance will be charged back to your rates account.
Please contact the City of Sydney on 02 9265 9333 as soon as your circumstances change.
Last updated: Tuesday, 28 May 2013