Our management policies
The tree policies listed below protect our urban forest. They are available to download if you would like to read more.
- Tree Management Policy – provides an overview of all the City’s tree management policies and sets out guidelines for tree management.
- Tree Management Controls – our legislative tool, which protects trees throughout the local area.
- Urban Forest Strategy - outlines the City's targets to increase canopy cover and maximise the economic, social and environmental benefits provided by trees.
- Street Tree Master Plan – ensures streetscape planting is coordinated and robust. Each City village is taken into consideration in the master plan.
- Register of Significant Trees – identifies and protects trees with strong historical, cultural, aesthetic or botanical links to the City.
- Hyde Park, Observatory Hill and Redfern Park Tree Management Plans – include strategies for the maintenance and conservation of the trees in these historic parks.
Tree donation policy
The City welcomes tree donations from the public. A tree donation policy has been designed to encourage community participation in the greening of Sydney. Details for tree selection, planting, maintenance and donor recognition are in the policy.
Tree Management Team
02 9265 email@example.com City of Sydney
GPO Box 1591
Sydney NSW 2001
Last updated: Wednesday, 27 March 2013