New collections or bins

New collections or bins

New waste service

To request a new waste service or change an existing one, fill in the residential waste service application form (151 KB).
Please note that only the property owner, managing agent or body corporate can submit this form.

Complete the application
Zero Waste

Picking the right sized bin

If you need a bigger or smaller bin, or would like to organise a collection service for your new home, you can complete the residential waste service application form, available for download below. Then fax or email the form, or print it and lodge it in person at one of our Neighbourhood Service Centres.

Only ratepayers, property owners or managing agents (in houses) or building or strata managers (on behalf of an apartment block) can request these changes as they relate to the domestic waste charge on rates notices.

The domestic waste charge you pay depends on the size of your bin and the frequency of service. Before asking for a bigger general waste (red lid) bin, check out our guides to reducing waste and recycling more.

If you're already doing all you can and want a smaller red-lid bin, that's great. However, it's really important to choose the right sized bin because we can't collect any extra waste you put out. Additional bags of garbage left out on the kerb are considered to be illegally dumped and can attract hefty fines.

Please note: The 50L and 70L bins pictured below are not available for apartment blocks or units.

Picking the right bin

Last updated: Monday, 12 May 2014