Juanita Nielsen Community Centre upgrade
Upgrade for Juanita Nielsen Community Centre
Juanita Nielsen Community Centre is a 19th-century heritage-listed building on the corner of Dowling and Nicholson streets in Woolloomooloo.
The multipurpose recreation centre became a much-loved meeting place for locals since it opened in 1984 and its popularity increased so much it outgrew the original space.
The City has completed a major refurbishment to make the centre more accessible and welcoming for the whole community.
- installing a new elevator and accessible facilities
- preserving the heritage-listed building’s unique character
- moving and updating the gym and its facilities, including new change rooms and adding air conditioning
- adding a new outdoor play area and new space for children’s programs
- installing new rooms for community hire and classes.
The new look centre hosts recreational and community programs for all age groups, and provides more spaces for community hire.
Lord Mayor Clover Moore launched the refurbished centre on Saturday 19 November 2016.
The new gym opened on Monday 12 December and fitness classes returned to the centre on Monday 19 December. The Woolloomooloo Children's Program will move to the centre in early 2017.
Centre Manager02 9265 email@example.com
Middle Childhood Services Coordinator02 9246 firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Monday, 19 December 2016