Paddington Town Hall
Restoration for Paddington Town Hall
Paddington Town Hall is an impressive example of the Victorian free classical architectural style. It is adjacent to the Victoria Barracks at the highest point on the Oxford Street ridge, on the corner of Oxford and Oatley Roads.
The heritage-listed building, which was built in the late 1800s, features a 32-metre high clock tower which was completed in 1905 to commemorate the coronation of King Edward VII.
Today, Paddington Town Hall forms part of the City’s Venue Management collection. It caters to a wide range of community uses and events including corporate functions, arts and cultural organisations, weddings, film shoots, community groups, charities and schools and is available for public hire.
The City of Sydney is restoring the façade of Paddington Town Hall to ensure this historic and valued building continues to be accessible and welcoming for a range of community uses.
The Town Hall’s original features will be carefully restored to protect the building into the future. Works will also include measures to improve the building’s environmental footprint.
- repairs to the clock tower
- repairing the roof to ensure the building is sound, watertight and secure
- providing safe roof access for routine maintenance
- rationalising the building’s cooling and heating systems
- repairing water-damaged paint, plasterwork and building structure.
Work began in May 2012 and will be completed by early 2013.
Businesses within Paddington Town Hall will be open as usual during construction.
Project Manager 02 9265 email@example.com
Last updated: Friday, 8 February 2013