In the heart of Kings Cross
Fitzroy Gardens and Lawrence Hargrave Reserve were identified for an upgrade in a local action plan in 2007.
Concept plans were released and extensive community consultation took place.
Community opinion was divided over how to proceed.
Council decided in May 2011 not to go ahead with proposed changes and instead prepared a maintenance and site management plan for the 2 public parks.
Essential maintenance works include:
- improved lighting and seating
- improvements to the playground
- refurbishment of flower beds
- paving repair.
Fitzroy Gardens Playground
The final stage of Fitzroy Gardens maintenance and improvements program involves upgrading the existing children's playground and minor surrounding landscaping works.
The existing playground has been closed from 4 November 2013.
The new playground will open 4 April 2014.
- a fully enclosed playground area, with wheelchair access
- new equipment including 3 swings (including a basket swing), climbing equipment, slide, a pole forest, labyrinth game and chalk drawing wall
- new seating areas and trees to provide more shade
- improving stair access to the Rex Plaza, new paving and seating along planter edges and reinstating elements removed when the playground was installed in the 1990s.
Alternate playgrounds can be found at Beare Park, Ithaca Road, Elizabeth Bay and Waratah Playground, Waratah Street and Rushcutters Bay.
02 9265 firstname.lastname@example.org
02 9265 email@example.com
|Fitzroy Gardens playground diagram: existing and proposed works||PDF 431.8 KB||Download|
Last updated: Friday, 7 February 2014