Streets and public places
Ride this way
For current and completed works on cycleways across the local area, including public consultations for planned projects, you can visit the Sydney Cycleways website to find out more.sydneycycleways.net
Transforming our streets and public spaces
We are working hard to transform our streets and public spaces to make them safer and more inviting, especially for pedestrians and cyclists.
Our works include creating better pedestrian links, installing energy efficient lighting, improving footpaths and greening our streets.
Before we start work on transforming our streets and public spaces, we ask for your feedback about the plans and designs on our Sydney Your Say website.
Sydney Your Say
- Barrack Street Road Closure
- Bourke and Campbell Streets intersection improvements
- Burton and Palmer streetscape upgrade
- George Street 2020 – revitalising Sydney's main thoroughfare
- Lawson Street improvements
- New streets in the Green Square Town Centre
- Proposed raised median: Henderson Road and Gerard Street, Alexandria
- Zetland Avenue Review of Environmental Factors (REF)
Last updated: Friday, 18 December 2015