Darlington’s main street
Abercrombie Street is the main street of Darlington Village and runs between Broadway and Golden Grove Street in Darlington.
The active centre of Darlington village supports cafes, a small retail strip, small businesses, homes and a local park. It is a major walking route between Redfern Station and the University of Sydney.
The City of Sydney is working to improve Abercrombie Street. The work will encourage outdoor dining, improve pedestrian safety and increase landscaping on both sides of Abercrombie Street, between Ivy and Shepherd streets.
- Wider footpaths to create a more pedestrian-friendly street
- More street trees and garden beds
- New lighting and street furniture
- Undergrounding overhead power lines.
We will also be making changes to traffic movement, including:
- One-way northbound in Shepherd Lane between Abercrombie and Lander streets
- One-way northbound in Ivy Street between Abercrombie Street and Lander streets
- No right turn from Abercrombie Street into Ivy Street (southbound)
- Shared zones for Shepherd Lane between Abercrombie Street and Lander Street and Abercrombie Street and Wilson Lane.
Works begin mid-January 2014 and should take about nine months.
02 9265 firstname.lastname@example.org
02 9265 email@example.com
Last updated: Monday, 6 January 2014