Central Sydney street upgrades
Granite infill and improved lighting
The following streets will be upgraded to make them safer and more appealing:
- York Street, between Druitt Street and Market Street: 700 square metres
- St James Road, between Elizabeth Street and Macquarie Street: 220 square metres
- Bathurst Street, between Sussex Street and Day Street: 210 square metres
- Bridge Street, between Pitt Street and Loftus Street: 500 square metres
- Elizabeth Street, between Market Street and King Street: 600 square metres
- Hunter Street, between Pitt Street and Castlereagh Street: 300 square metres
- Bligh Street, between Hunter Street and Bent Street: 210 square metres
Street lighting program update for 2013/2014
Pitt Street: Martin Place to Circular Quay
Foundations for new traffic signals and the erection of 42 new Smartpoles, LED street lighting and traffic signals will be carried out this financial year.
Castlereagh Street: Hunter Street to Park Street
Thirteen new Smartpoles and new street lighting that will replace Ausgrid’s lighting with LEDs will be installed this financial year.
Other lighting projects in 2013/2014
- Bond Street, between Pitt Street and George Street: 4 Smartpoles
- Hunter Street, between Pitt Street and Castlereagh Street: 3 Smartpoles
The City has started transforming Bayswater Road, between Kellet Street and Roslyn Street. The improvements will make the street a safer, more attractive and user-friendly outdoor space for the community.
The area will be improved with garden beds, lighting and landscaping to make it a more beautiful and enjoyable place.
City of Sydney02 9265 firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Monday, 7 April 2014