Central Sydney street upgrades
Granite paving and improved lighting
The following streets will be upgraded with granite footpaths to make them safer and more appealing:
- Pitt Street, between Goulburn Street and Bathurst Street
- Kent Street, between Market Street and King Street
- Bathurst Street, between Sussex Street and Day Street.
Street lighting program update for 2014/2015
Kent Street: Market Street to King Street
8 new Smartpoles with LED lighting and traffic signals.
Pitt Street: Goulburn Street to Bathurst Street
13 new Smartpoles with LED lighting to replace old Ausgrid light poles.
Other lighting projects in 2014/2015
- O'Connell Street, between Hunter Street and Bent Street
- Phillip Street, intersection with Martin Place
- College Street, intersection with Stanley Street.
Kings Cross Road upgrade
The City will be transforming Kings Cross Road, from Victoria Street to east of Pennys Lane. The improvements will make the street a safer, more attractive and user-friendly outdoor space for the community.
The area will be improved with garden beds, granite paving, wider footpaths and a level footway crossing at Pennys Lane to make it a more beautiful and enjoyable place.
City of Sydney02 9265 firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Friday, 24 October 2014