Crown Street improvements
Improving Crown Street
We undertook works on Crown Street, Surry Hills between Devonshire and Cleveland streets to improve pedestrian amenity, help calm traffic, and encourage outdoor dining. Works included:
- widening footpaths to provide more space for street dining
- installing a raised pedestrian crossing north of Lansdowne Street
- installing a raised footpath crossing on Lansdowne and Miles streets to calm traffic
- installing new lighting and street furniture
- moving overhead power lines underground at the intersection of Cleveland, Crown and Baptist streets
- planting more street trees and building new garden beds
- combining 2 bus stops on the western side of Crown Street into 1 bus stop within the parking lane for better pedestrian access.
The works were completed in December 2014.
Project Manager02 9265 9333 email@example.com
Last updated: Tuesday, 13 September 2016