Missenden Road upgrade
Improving pedestrian safety
We are improving Missenden Road between Parramatta Road and King Street, to make it safer for commuters and people accessing local health care and education facilities.
Our improvements will create more space for walking and safer connections to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, University of Sydney and King Street's retail and entertainment precinct.
Works completed to date
- Installed concrete base for concrete pavers between Carillon Avenue and Campbell Street.
- New concrete footpath and garden beds between Lucas Street and Grose Street.
- New footpath continuation at Professor Marie Bashir Centre driveway.
- Install concrete base and concrete pavers between Salisbury Road and Grose Street.
- Footpath continuation at Grose Street, Campbell Street and Longdown Street.
- Kerb and gutter for new alignment between Campbell Street and Longdown Street.
Please note: Changed traffic conditions will apply and bus stops will be moved temporarily during the works.
Street parking may be affected. The City needs to reduce the number of car spaces available to assist construction works. Alternative street parking is available on:
- Carillon Avenue
- Church Street.
Image: Artist’s impression of the streetscape improvements on Missenden Road.
Off-street parking options include:
- Secure parking at Royal Prince Alfred Medical Centre, corner of Carillon Avenue and Missenden Road. Entry via Elizabeth Street.
- Multi-storey car park on Grose Street. Entry via Carillon Avenue.
- King George V Building car park on Missenden Road. Entry via Missenden Road.
- Chris O'Brien Lifehouse car park. Entry via Salisbury Road then turn left into Susan Street.
- Bus stop outside Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (eastern side) has been temporarily moved 100m south outside St Andrew's College.
- Bus stop near Lucas Street (western side) has been temporarily moved outside Chris O'Brien Lifehouse.
- Taxi zone at Missenden Road has been permanently moved to Salisbury Road.
- Temporary road closures of Campbell and Lucas streets will be required to complete these works. We will deliver notification letters to affected local businesses and residents before the closures.
For construction works enquiries, please contact:
Sydney Civil, Community Liaison Officer
0409 075 591
For project enquiries, please contact:
02 9265 9333 email@example.com
Last updated: Thursday, 23 March 2017