A key part of our Sustainable Sydney 2030 vision is for a creative city and as part of this vision, the City is planning a number of improvement works along Foley Street, Darlinghurst that is an important part of the Oxford Street cultural quarter.
The City’s proposed redevelopment will provide new retail and commercial spaces on Foley Street and represents a good opportunity to enhance the look of the area.
A concept design for Foley Street has been prepared that proposes:
- providing pedestrian-only access at all times on Foley Street from Crown Street to Langley Street
- creating a shared zone from Langley Street to Taylor Square for pedestrians and motorists to share at all times
- making Langley Street 1 way with southbound traffic
- raising the Foley Street road surface to the footpath level
- extending and improving the footpaths along the street
- adding energy-efficient LED lighting
- planting more shrubs and trees along the footpaths
- moving overhead power lines underground.
The proposal does not change any permit holder exempt areas. Resident parking will not be affected.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation, and will keep you informed of the staging of the work. Our project manager and contractor’s construction liaison officer will work with business owners and local traders to minimise impacts.
02 9265 firstname.lastname@example.org
02 9265 email@example.com
Last updated: Tuesday, 5 February 2013