Sustainable Sydney 2030
Green, global and connected
Sustainable Sydney 2030 is a set of goals we have set for our city to help make it as green, global and connected as possible by 2030.
The plan will transform the way we live, work and play.
Sydney 2030 came to life after we asked what kind of city you wanted to live in.
People who come to our city to live, work and visit told us they wanted a city that:
- cares about the environment
- has a strong economy
- supports the arts
- has its people feel connected to each other and the rest of the world.
Sydney 2030 is now a cornerstone of everything we do.
For more detail about how we’re turning the dream into a reality, please visit our Sydney 2030 site.
The 2030 vision focuses on 10 strategic directions:
- A globally competitive and innovative City
- A leading environmental performer
- Integrated transport for a connected City
- A City for pedestrians and cyclists
- A lively, engaging City Centre
- Vibrant local communities and economies
- A cultural and creative City
- Housing for a diverse population
- Sustainable development, renewal and design
- Implementation through effective partnerships
The strategic directions link all of the City of Sydney’s work to your vision for 2030.
Last updated: Tuesday, 21 May 2013