Draft public toilet strategy
Exhibition period closed
Public toilets are an important part of community life.
The draft public toilet strategy outlines the City’s role in the provision, management and promotion of public toilets. It contains an overview of the public toilet network in the City’s local government area and, subject to funding availability and budget approval, recommends:
- construction of new public toilets in identified village centres
- upgrading public toilets in some neighbourhood parks
- provision of accessible public toilets at Town Hall House
- investigating the installation of retractable pop-up urinals in entertainment precincts
- promotion of the public toilet network through various media
- implementation of a voluntary scheme to encourage retailers and cafes to provide public access to their toilet facilities.
The exhibition period closed on Monday 30 September 2013.
Submisssions closed at the end of the exhibition period.
If you would like to speak to a City of Sydney representative about the exhibition, please contact:
City of Sydney
02 9265 email@example.com
Last updated: Tuesday, 1 October 2013