Governance and partnerships
Implementation through effective partnerships
Turning Sustainable Sydney 2030 into a reality requires partnerships across government, business and community as well as leadership in local, national and global forums.
- The City has a special role at the centre of the metropolitan region.
- We have core service and regulatory roles and a wider role as advocate and partner with other levels of government.
- We are in a strong financial position with an appreciating asset base.
Why action is needed
- To respond to global warming presents an urgent need to replace ageing and unsustainable infrastructure.
- Tightening access to additional revenue but costs are increasing.
- Addressing fragmented local governance arrangements for more effective metropolitan planning.
- Align corporate planning and organisational arrangements to deliver Sustainable Sydney 2030 priorities.
- Give priority to community involvement, engagements and partnerships with the City of Sydney.
- Ensure long-term financial sustainability of the City of Sydney.
- Consider innovative financing and funding approaches.
- Participate in broader governance reform processes.
Last updated: Wednesday, 30 April 2014