Communities and economies
Vibrant local communities and economies
Building the sense of community and local economy by attracting and clustering innovative enterprises in our villages is an important part of Sustainable Sydney 2030.
- The local area is made up of diverse communities, with diverse lifestyles, interests and needs.
- Our villages have an important economic and employment role.
- Our local communities and economies can be even stronger.
Why action is needed
- To reduce the disparity between rich and poor, enhancing social wellbeing and relative equality.
- Enhance the distinctive character of villages.
- Provide spaces for small and local businesses.
- Ensure all communities have opportunities to participate.
- Create a network of activity hubs as places for meeting, shopping, creating, learning and working for local communities.
- Provide a rich layer of accessible community-level social infrastructure, services and programs.
- Develop and support local economies and employment.
Last updated: Wednesday, 30 April 2014