Retail innovation program
In recognising the importance of the sector and the challenges facing the industry, we're committed to building the capacity and resilience of local businesses.
Re-imagine retail business modelsIn 2019, we launched the pilot retail innovation program and presented a second program in 2020.
We have funded 35 local retailers to participate in an intensive 12-week accelerator program. It involves mentoring, workshops, coaching and tools for planning, market analysis, solution design and idea validation, financial modelling, scale strategy, and growth marketing.
The program provides an opportunity of a lifetime for retail and hospitality businesses to learn, free of charge, from innovation and entrepreneurial leaders and experts. It challenges the way owners look at their business and explores opportunities to embrace some of the latest trends.
Participants share their learning journey through digital and social channels, providing insights into how their business has approached innovation and benefited from the program.
The retail innovation program provides an opportunity of a lifetime for retail businesses to learn, free of charge, from innovation and entrepreneurial leaders and experts. It challenges the way owners look at their business and explores opportunities to embrace some of the latest trends.
Retailers and hospitality businesses who meet the below criteria are eligible to participate in the program:
- Running a small or mid-sized business on a high street in our area
- In the fashion, furniture, homewares, services, music or food and drink sectors
- Operating day or night
- Online retail exploring pop-up opportunities or brick and mortar locations in our area
- Focused on the future of your industry and excited about the opportunities ahead
- Searching for new tools, information and technology to grow your business
- Deeply passionate about what you do even on the bad days
- Bringing consciousness around sustainability practices into your business.
Applications open on 28 September 2020 and close on 30 October 2020.