Library event booking terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply when you book online for library events and workshops, and when you participate in all library programs, including online programs.
Terms and conditions
City of Sydney Library offer a range of free and paid events and workshops. We may update these terms and conditions from time to time without notice. You accept the changed or modified terms and conditions if you continue participating in our programs.
- All booking cancellations must be made in line with these terms and conditions. If you or other attendees of your group are feeling unwell with Covid-19 symptoms, or are subject to a self-quarantine or self-isolation period you must not attend. In this circumstance, please contact [email protected] before the scheduled event to enquire about a refund.
- Bookings are required for all City of Sydney Library produced courses, events and classes. Bookings can be made through the link provided in the event listing on the City’s What’s On website.
- Payment in full is required for all paid events and workshops. We accept payment with Visa, MasterCard and AMEX.
- If you have registered for an event or workshop and you are no longer able to attend, please cancel your tickets as soon as possible. This will free spaces for others to enrol.
- Tickets cannot be offered for unauthorised resale, including using tickets for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. Tickets breaching this condition may be cancelled without notice or refund.
- Missed events, sessions or workshops are not eligible for a refund, credit, or ‘make up’ class. Face-to-face programs are unable to accommodate extra participants due to health and safety risks.
- Please note that any of these terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time in line with public health orders, Covid-19 related legislation and NSW Health restrictions.
- You acknowledge and agree if your participation in an event including online events, disrupts, hinders, interferes with the enjoyment by others, or constitutes anti-social behaviour at the event, you may be removed.
Due to Covid-19, all programs, including free and online events, currently require a booking with contact details. This is to ensure physical distancing requirements can be met for face-to-face programs and so we can contact you in case of last-minute cancellations.
Once you have completed your booking you will receive an email confirmation. You do not need to print your tickets as your name will be on the attendee list at the event or workshop.
If you did not get a booking confirmation, your payment or booking may not have been processed. If you completed your purchase and reached the order complete screen, but didn’t receive a booking confirmation or tax invoice:
- check your junk and spam email folders.
- check that funds have been deducted from your bank account.
Please email [email protected] if you:
- can’t find your tickets or booking confirmation.
- need assistance making a booking.
Bookings for any paid events or workshops may be eligible for a refund when cancelled up to 14 days before the start date.
Cancellations can be made by emailing [email protected]. Cancellations made within 14 days of the course start date will not be refunded
Our cancellation policy is strictly enforced, however we may grant exceptions for special circumstances on a case-by-case basis. This includes cancellations due to symptoms related to Covid-19..
We allow a concession rate for full-time students, holders of commonwealth health care pensioner concession or seniors health cards. People with a valid benefit card are eligible to apply for the concession rate.
You need to show your concession card in person at your nominated library event or workshop. If you fail to provide valid proof of concession at the time of your event or workshop you will be required to pay the full rate.
We make every effort to ensure that events or workshops run as scheduled. However, the we reserve the right to alter or cancel any event or workshop. A full refund will be provided to enrolled students should this occur.
We also reserve the right to reschedule an event or workshop or substitute facilitators.
- We do not assume responsibility for children left unattended or unsupervised at library events and workshops. Although our employees will provide care and concern for all event attendees, they cannot supervise children or act as a substitute for child care.
- Our libraries do not have the facilities to care for sick children. If a child is identified as unwell, parents will be asked to attend to them.
- Our libraries encourage active learning outcomes through events and workshops. It is expected all participants are respectful of others learning and follow any directions outlined by the facilitator. We reserve the right to request participants leave an event or workshop should expectations not be met.
- Accompanying parent or carer tickets cannot be transferred or used for a child to attend.
When attending a City of Sydney venue, event or program we ask you to observe the following guidelines for the safety of employees, contractors and patrons.
- In the event of wet weather or extreme heat, outdoor events will be cancelled.
- Please be aware of the current Covid-19 restrictions and ensure that you comply with the required restrictions.
- Wear a face mask in City of Sydney indoor venues if you can't stay 1.5m apart. Face masks are not mandatory.
- Sanitise your hands, on arrival (sanitiser will be provided).
- Arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your program commences at the program check-in area. Participants arriving earlier will be asked to wait at a safe distance until check- in commences.
- Register your contact details by scanning the QR code on the check-in sign at the entrance using your smartphone. If you need assistance, please see a member of our library team.
- Follow the signs and floor markings and maintain 1.5m physical distance from all people including City of Sydney employees at all times.
- Follow directions from City of Sydney employees and representatives.
- When the program finishes, you should leave the program area and not linger to prevent overcrowding in entrances and passageways.
Please do not visit a City of Sydney venue, event or program if you:
- have symptoms such as a runny nose, cough, sore or scratchy throat, fever, loss of smell or
taste, or shortness of breath. Get tested as soon as possible and isolate at home until you get the result.
- have visited an area where NSW Health advises immediate self-isolation and testing
- have been tested for Covid-19 and are waiting on results.
If you or other attendees of your group are feeling unwell with Covid-19 symptoms, or are subject to a self-quarantine or self-isolation period, you should contact [email protected] immediately to cancel your booking. In this circumstance, paid programs will be eligible for a refund.
What we are doing:
- Our library team will be on site to assist visitors on arrival.
- Frequently touched surfaces within the event space will be cleaned hourly.
- Where appropriate, participants will be issued a set of tools for the duration of the workshop.
- Hand sanitisers are available at the entrance and at exit of the venues/event spaces.
- A Covid-19 safety plan is in place.
- Further requirements in line with public health orders, Covid-19 related legislation and NSW Health restrictions.