Building information certificates


Building information certificate applications under division 6.7 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act are commonly made when property is being sold and can be from:

  • the property owner
  • another person, with the property owner’s consent
  • the property buyer under a contract of sale, including their solicitor or agent
  • a public authority when they have notified the owner.

Building information certificate applications are processed by the City’s Health and Building Unit.

The cost of a building information certificate can be viewed in the City’s schedule of fees and charges. Please note, the certificates were formerly known as building certificates S149.

Last updated: Wednesday, 25 March 2020