Construction certificates

Before work can start

After development consent has been given, a construction certificate must be obtained before any building work can start. The certificate verifies that:

  • The detailed construction plans and specifications of the development are consistent with the development consent and complies with the Building Code of Australia.
  • All required contributions and fees have been paid.
  • All development consent conditions that must be satisfied before a certificate can be issued have been met.

A construction certificate can be obtained by completing a construction certificate application and providing the required drawings and details as set out in the form.

Our construction certificate application guide also provides further information.

For more information about obtaining a construction certificate please review the City’s schedule of fees and charges or collect a copy from any of our customer service centres.

Last updated: Monday, 23 April 2018