Project Status: Planned
What we’re doing
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment has invited the City to help develop a place strategy for the Pyrmont peninsula.
The place strategy will include a simplified planning framework and a placed-based masterplan that addresses the planning priorities of the eastern city district plan, including:
- identification of sub-precincts
- principles that respond to the character and potential of sub-precincts
- an economic strategy and industry attraction program
- collaborative and inclusive governance arrangements.
The development of a place strategy is the product of the Greater Sydney Commission’s review of planning for Pyrmont in 2019.
Formal public consultation of a draft place strategy and masterplan is expected mid-2020.
For more information about the project or to get involved in community consultation, visit the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment’s website.
The City is a member of the project team and steering committee. We will work to provide the identified priorities in our local strategic planning statement, including:
- commitment to a metro station
- promoting employment growth, visitor accommodation, affordable enterprise space, high-tech industry, retail, community and cultural uses
- increased greening and tree canopy and high sustainability performance
- improved environments for walking and cycling
- additional and improved open space.