Local environmental plans
The following planning instruments apply to development within the City of Sydney local area.
Sydney Local Environmental Plan 2012
The plan applies to most of the City's local area and is made up of a written instrument and maps.
These documents (download below) are referred to in the Sydney LEP 2012:
- Green Square affordable housing program: details the provisions for this scheme, which was adopted by Council on 12 March 2012.
- Competitive design policy: sets out how an applicant must demonstrate that a proposed development is the result of an architectural or competitive design process.
These are the planning instruments that currently apply to development within the City's local area:
- Sydney LEP 2012*
- Sydney LEP 2005 – Frasers Broadway only
- Sydney LEP (Glebe Affordable Housing Project) 2011*
- Sydney LEP (Harold Park) 2011*
- South Sydney LEP 1998*
- South Sydney LEP 1998 Amendment 17: Green Square Town Centre
- South Sydney LEP 1998 Amendment 19: Green Square Town Centre
- South Sydney LEP 1998 Amendment 21: Green Square Town Centre
- South Sydney LEP 114
- Planning Scheme Ordinance
The documents can be downloaded below.
* To access these LEPs refer to Links.
The NSW legislation website includes a copy of Sydney LEP 2012 and the maps adopted by this plan. Please visit the link in the column to the right for more information.
Sydney LEP 2005
The plan continues to apply to Frasers Broadway, the former Carlton and United Breweries site. For a limited time the superseded provisions are still available to download below for informational purposes only.
Repealed local environmental plans
These plans have been superseded by the Sydney LEP 2012:
- Leichhardt Local Environmental Plan 2000
- Leichhardt Interim Development Order 27.
For a limited time the plans are still available to download below for informational purposes only.
LinksSydney Local Environmental Plan 2012 Sydney Local Environmental Plan 2005LEP (Glebe Affordable Housing Project) 2011LEP (Harold Park) 2011South Sydney LEP 1998
The documents available for download below are PDF files. If you require an alternative accessible format, please contact the City to advise your requirements:
Last updated: Wednesday, 1 May 2013