Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about our community? If so, joining the City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
Working for the City means you'll be joining a dedicated team where your individual effort is part of something much bigger – delivering great things for our city and our community, including our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 plan to create a green, global and connected city.
The City is responsible for the area as far north as the Opera House, extending south to include suburbs such as Zetland and St Peters, east towards Paddington and Moore Park and towards the inner west to include suburbs such as Camperdown and Newtown. We're proud of Sydney's areas and the contribution they make to this vibrant, dynamic and attractive city.
A great place to work
There are 6 key values that guide everything we do at the City: collaboration, courage, integrity, innovation, quality and respect.
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to our community, working with a diverse range of passionate, supportive and engaging people within a collaborative environment. You will also be part of a workplace that offers competitive employee benefits and encourages professional development.
Would you like to know more about what our people do? Hear their stories today.
Our range of businesses
The City employs around 1,850 people across a diverse range of areas and occupations including:
- frontline services (including customer service, libraries, childcare, community centres and rangers)
- operations (including parks, trees and aquatic centres, security and emergency management, city infrastructure and traffic operations, cleansing and waste management, and venue management)
- events (including major cultural and community events, late night economy and safe city)
- projects and property (including design, streetscapes and portfolio management)
- planning and development (including health and building, planning assessments, access and transport)
- corporate services (including legal, governance, finance, strategy, marketing and community consultation and workforce and information services).
Last updated: Monday, 1 July 2013