Project Status: Completed
What we’re doing
Works on Crown Street, Surry Hills included:
- widening footpaths to provide more space for street dining
- installing a raised pedestrian crossing north of Lansdowne Street
- installing a raised footpath crossing on Lansdowne and Miles streets to calm traffic
- installing new lighting and street furniture
- moving overhead power lines underground at the intersection of Cleveland, Crown and Baptist streets
- planting more street trees and building new garden beds
- combining 2 bus stops on the western side of Crown Street into 1 bus stop within the parking lane.
The works were completed in December 2014.