Terms & conditions
If you browse or access any content or data on our website, you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions. The City of Sydney may change the terms and conditions at any time by putting new terms and conditions and your use of the website is acceptance of those terms.
Conditions of use
As a condition of your use of cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au or any services on cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au, you warrant to the City of Sydney that you will not use cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions or any other terms, conditions or notices appearing anywhere on cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au. You agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations. In particular, you agree not to:
- use cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others
- publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate
- use any automated scripting tools or software
- engage in or promote any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming via cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au
- impersonate any person or entity
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available using cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au any material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual obligation or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware
- breach any applicable laws or regulations.
The City of Sydney has no obligation to monitor any user’s use of cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au, however the City of Sydney retains the right at all times to monitor, retain and disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. The City of Sydney has the right to amend or delete any inaccurate, inappropriate or unlawful content.
You will indemnify the City of Sydney if the City of Sydney or its related bodies suffer any loss or damage or incur any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions or any other legal obligation by you or your use of or conduct on the cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au.
This statement applies to user interactions with the City of Sydney’s website. While care is taken to ensure accuracy, the City of Sydney (the City) cannot guarantee that information expressed here is correct and recommends that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to its use.
Disclaimer of liability
The City makes every effort to ensure that the content of our websites is accurate and up to date and makes no warranty or undertaking, whether expressed or implied, nor does it assume any legal liability, whether direct or indirect.
Links to other sites
References and links to other websites are for informational purposes only and should not be constituted as an endorsement of those sites, the information, views, opinions or standards that they provide.
The City is not responsible for the relevance or accuracy, currency and reliability of information found on those sites.
Third party content
Some of the information provided on this website is supplied by third parties.
It is important that all users understand that third party information is not provided or endorsed by us and your legal relationship is with the third party supplier.
Please be aware that we have not necessarily checked third party content.
The listing of a person or organisation in any part of this website in no way implies any form of endorsement by the City of the products or services provided by that person or organisation.
All information, text, graphics, photographs, files, audio and video content on this website is copyright The Council of the City of Sydney.
The content is protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark laws.
The content is intended for general use and information. The information and files on the site may be downloaded, stored in cache, displayed and printed. Content must not be modified, copied, reproduced, or republished except with the written authorisation of the City of Sydney.