- Professor Ken Maher (Chair), Fellow, Hassell Studios
- Peter Mould, (Deputy Chair) Former NSW Government Architect
- Professor Kerry Clare, Director, Clare Design
- Professor Richard Johnson AO MBE, Founding Director, Johnson Pilton and Walker Pty Ltd
- Rachel Neeson, Director, Neeson Murcutt Architects Pty Ltd
- Abbie Galvin, NSW Government Architect, Government Architect's Office
- Ché Wall, Director, Flux Consultants
- Professor James Weirick, Program Director, UNSW Faculty of the Built Environment.
The Sydney Design Advisory Panel was first appointed in April 2007.
In June 2019, Council re-appointed the panel for a further 2 years.
The panel members support the City's commitment to design excellence.
It meets regularly and the panel is guided by terms of reference approved by Council.