Project Status: Completed
What we’re doing
Minor rectification works with minimal community impact.
From 3 July 2015, traffic flow changes affected Wilmot, Central and George streets.
- is 2-way from Pitt Street to the HSBC loading bay
- is closed from the HSBC loading bay to George Street
- is now a shared zone, speed limit is 10km/h.
- is 1-way entry from George Street to Pitt Street>
- is now a shared zone, speed limit is 10km/h
- there is no right turn from George Street into Central Street.
- no right turn into Central Street
- no left turn for vehicles more than 9m long into Central Street
- new pedestrian crossing signals located to the south of Central Street.
In May 2014 we started the improvement works on Central and Wilmot streets.
The works included:
- raising the road surface level to be flush with the footpath
- continuing the footpath at George Street and Pitt Street
- installing new drainage and new lighting
- providing shared zones
- removing the 2 police-only parking spots next to Central Court House
- making the 2 loading zone spaces for delivery vehicles only (no parking outside of loading zone times)
- converting the existing intersection signals at George and Central streets into a mid-block crossing south of Central Street.