Project Status: Completed
What we’re doing
We have completed works to upgrade and make permanent the road closure at the intersection of Colbourne Avenue and Lyndhurst Street in Glebe.
The works included:
- removing the concrete barriers
- installing new paving, lighting and brick seating
- planting new trees and garden areas
- new footpaths for easier access
- upgrading the stormwater systems
- laying new asphalt on the roads and pavements
- installing a dedicated 1-way southbound cycle path.
The previously unused intersection has been turned into lush, green space with around 2,000 native plants, 11 trees and an additional 300sqm of garden beds.
The works were started in January 2016 and completed in June 2016. Council approved this project in November 2015 after community consultation.