Online learning and courses
Library members get free access to a suite of tutorials and programs to help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
Project Status: When you need to do this
Free online learning courses are available to City of Sydney Library members.
- Take courses in software, technology, creative and business skills with LinkedIn Learning.
- Learn a new language or improve your English skills with Mango Languages.
- Increase your confidence and skills using the internet.
City of Sydney library members can access over 16,000 micro and in-depth courses in areas of software, technology, creative and business skills.
Free on demand courses are available in 7 languages, taught by industry experts.
You can download a certificate of completion once you finish the course.
- Visit LinkedIn Learning
- Select Get Started
- Enter your library membership number and PIN
- Download LinkedIn Learning app from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android)
- Select Sign in with your library card.
- You’ll be prompted to enter the library’s ID cityofsydney and then your library card number and PIN
Learn a new language on your PC, smartphone or tablet.
Choose from over 70 languages or improve your English skills.
Keep track of your progress by creating a profile.
- Visit Mango online
- You have 2 options:
- Select Use Mango as a Guest and enter your library membership number. This option does not keep track of your progress.
- Select Sign Up to create a profile using your library membership number to track your progress.
- Download Mango Languages from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android)
- Select Sign Up
- Select Find Free Mango and search for Sydney
- Enter your library membership number
A free Australian Government initiative to increase the confidence, skills and online safety of older Australians when they use the internet and everyday technology.
Access interactive online activities, learn to search the internet, use email, connect with family and friends on social media, make simple video calls and get help setting up personal MyGov accounts.
Available online from the federal government.
Free online training
- Visit beconnected.esafety.gov.au
- Select Topic Library and explore topics relevant to you