Project Status: Completed
What we’re doing
The design highlights the existing setting and history of the site while also providing space for ecological diversity, recreation and underground stormwater capture.
It will be an important recreation and community space for people living in Glebe, Forest Lodge and Annandale. We worked with the community to ensure one-third of the Harold Park residential development was dedicated to public open space.
The new park is also a major project in the Johnstons Creek Parklands master plan, which aims to protect and enhance harbour foreshore lands in the area. It provides a green connection from Wigram Road and The Crescent through to existing foreshore parks in Glebe.
Main features include:
- open spaces and habitat areas linked by the existing cliff line
- stormwater harvesting and treatment
- cycling and walking paths connecting neighbourhoods and parklands
- playgrounds, picnic areas and open grass spaces
- historical interpretations and art opportunities
- lighting and park furniture.
Harold Park was officially launched by the Lord Mayor on 27 October 2018.