Project Status: Planned
Why we’re doing this
These works are consistent with the community feedback we received during the design process. This includes the importance of retaining the quiet and peaceful character of the space, recognising its heritage context and providing more space for wildlife.
View the project scope report presented to Council.
What we’re doing
The park and playground upgrade includes:
- a new path layout that reflects the original garden of the state heritage-listed Rothwell Lodge and Factory
- updated signs with more historical information
- more wildlife habitat with larger garden beds and a new birdbath
- discreet low fencing for new plants to establish
- a redesigned play area for younger children away from main views to the nearby heritage building
- new play equipment for nature play including a sandstone balance wall, stepping stones and logs, a timber swing and see saw, and bark mulch softfall.
We will take steps to minimise impacts but there will be some machinery noise and dust. Parking may be impacted due to access requirements for construction materials and equipment.
The park and playground will be closed during the works. The nearest playgrounds are: