Project Status: Completed
What we’re doing
The playground will be upgraded to include:
- a new fenced play area with a multi-play structure for climbing and balancing
- 2 new slides and a double swing set
- new play rockers, including the much-loved yellow boat
- garden trail planting in the playspace to provide a sensory play experience
- new seating and a small lawn area within the fenced playground
- new shade trees and shade structures
- better access into and through the playground.
Impacts and disruptions
The playground will be closed during the works but other parts of the park will stay open.
The nearest playgrounds are:
- Ernest Wright Playground, Hordern Street, Newtown
- Goddard Playground, O'Connell Street, Newtown
- Burren Street Reserve Playground, Erskineville.
We will take steps to minimise other impacts. However, there will be some machinery noise and dust.