Project Status: Completed
What we’re doing
We’ll provide new play equipment, more plants and places to sit, and better access for everyone.
The upgrade includes:
- new play structure to replace the existing one
- new rubber soft fall
- new stone and timber play elements including boardwalks, balance beams, steppers and boulders
- new gardens, trees and shrubs
- new hybrid turf area
- a new accessible entry
- sandstone log seating.
The playground and reserve will both be closed during the works.
The nearest playgrounds are at:
- Charles Kernan Reserve, Abercrombie Street, Darlington
- Redfern Community Centre, Hugo Street, Redfern
- Peace Park, Myrtle Street, Chippendale.
Parking in Vine Street next to the playground will be temporarily reduced to accommodate the construction loading zone. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise other impacts but there will be machinery noise and dust.
We’re investigating building a continuous footpath treatment in Thomas Lane, Darlington, on the junction of Vine Street. This would provide a link for people walking on Vine Street, reduce vehicle speeds on Thomas Lane and prioritise pedestrians, without affecting parking on Vine Street.