Project Status: Under review
Why we’re doing this
In November 2019, we carried out early engagement with the community about plans to upgrade the playground. We then carried out community consultation on the concept design in July and August 2020.
Based on feedback at the time, we made changes to the design. This was approved by Council in October 2020.
What we’re doing
The design includes:
- a new Pring Street entry with stairs and ramped access
- a new fully fenced rubber softfall play area with swings, a seesaw, slides and a climbing net
- connecting the barbecue area with the playground
- more places to sit, including picnic platforms and seats
- new exercise equipment
- new plants, trees, and lighting.