How unlawful activity will be investigated and what factors are taken into account in making decisions regarding the exercise of the City of Sydney's compliance powers.
- This policy is designed to guide our decision-making so our compliance activities and actions are risk-based, responsive, effective, efficient and collaborative.
- It is intended to:
- guide compliance outcomes that are credible, understandable, and consistently applied
- explain this approach to our communities and businesses, including how and why we conduct compliance activities.
- The policy applies to City of Sydney staff with responsibility for managing and investigating regulatory issues within the City’s areas of responsibility including:
- development and building control
- pollution control
- environmental health
- public health and safety
- noxious weeds
- water and sewer
- control over animals
- food safety
- fire safety
- tree preservation.
- The policy does not apply to parking and parking related matters.