Provides direction for the naming of suburbs, roads, parks, open spaces, places and buildings.
Our naming policy provides clear direction for the naming of suburbs, roads, parks, open spaces, places and buildings that are owned, operated or managed by the City of Sydney.
- provides principles for determining and approving a name, and when a name may be changed or considered for dual naming.
- explains when a name may be changed
- explains when and how Aboriginal language can be used in naming
- ensures that naming principles meet legislative requirements
- provides consistency in approach and clarity about naming opportunities.