- Legislation regulates the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information.
- You have the right to access your personal information we hold.
What is personal information?
Personal information relates to individuals and includes any information or opinion about them. It can include a name, address, phone number, email address or any information from which a person's identity can be reasonably ascertained.
What is not personal information?
Information is not protected under law if it:
- relates to someone's suitability for public sector employment
- is about people who have been dead for more than 30 years
- relates to some types of law enforcement and investigation activities
- is allowed to be disclosed under other legislation.
Your personal information
Any personal information you provide to us will be used for the purpose for which it was collected. It may also be used for other reasonable City of Sydney purposes.
You have the right to access any of your personal information that we hold, without excessive delay or expense.
You also have a right to request to have your personal information amended so that it is accurate and up to date. If you have any queries about privacy or wish to access or correct your personal information please contact us.
Information and Privacy Commission
The Information and Privacy Commission provides further information about privacy.