Project Status: In progress
What we’re doing
Work will include:
- traditional skate zone suitable for all skill levels and disciplines, featuring a combination of street and bowl style obstacles
- lineal plaza zone featuring low level obstacles for street style technical tricks
- beginners bowl for new skaters
- flow bowl varying in depth from 1.5 to 3m for intermediate or advanced ability
- new landscaping and lighting
- footpaths and picnic areas.
We will also create a new path to connect the skate park to the southern part of Sydney Park.
The skate park will be accessible for people using wheelchairs, bikes and scooters. Work will be completed in late 2020, weather permitting.
Our contractor, Concrete Skateparks Pty Ltd, started work in mid-June 2019. Work will take place from 7.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, and 7.30am to 3.30pm on Saturday.
There will be temporary changes to the car park off Sydney Park Road as we install a new drainage line. The Sydney Park Cycling Centre will remain open during works, however there will be temporary access changes.