A multi-award-winning regional park with extensive off-leash areas, rolling hills, large playground, children’s cycle track, skate park, wetlands, sports oval and outdoor fitness areas.
Barbecues includedBarbecue and picnic areas dotted throughout the park.
Public toilets included
Shaded areas includedSeating and trees throughout the park.
Dog off-leash included
At all times. Extensive off-leash areas with a paddling pool for dogs.
Prohibited areas: Wetlands, Alan Davidson Oval, Sydney Park Cycling Centre, playground, barbecue areas.
Children’s play equipment included
- Extensive playground with diverse range of equipment for children of all ages, ability and experience.
- Children’s cycling track and cycling centre.
Exercise equipment included
- 2 fitness stations featuring a range of equipment for bodyweight exercise. Some equipment is wheelchair accessible.
- Adjacent to the Alan Davidson Oval near the Euston Rd entrance and car park.
Skate park included
- Largest skate park in Sydney with zones to suit every ability and style of skating, scooting and BMX riding.
- Lights out at 9pm.
Sports facilities included
- Alan Davidson Oval caters for summer and winter sports with adjacent outdoor fitness training areas.
- Public art and memorials including the SPAIDs memorial.
- Network of wetlands that play host to a range of resident and visiting birds and wildlife.
Cafe includedVillage green with cafe kiosk.
On-site parking included
There are 4 car parks:
- Barwon Park Road (nearest to playground and brick kilns)
- Sydney Park Road (nearest to cycling centre)
- Euston Road (nearest to Alan Davidson Oval and Sydney Park Pavilion). Most of this car park is temporarily closed due to park upgrade works.
- Campbell Street (nearest to wetlands).
Stormwater harvesting includedWater is reused to top up the wetlands and irrigate the 44 hectare park and supply the neighbouring depot.
Sydney skate park
Sydney skate park
Largest public flow bowl in Sydney.
- Largest public flow bowl in Sydney.
- Expansive plaza area with rails, ledges and banks, plus a beginner bowl area.
- Zones to suit every ability and style of skating, scooting and BMX riding.
- 3 metre-deep flow bowl for skaters and riders looking to push their skills.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Lights on at night until 9pm.
Children’s bike track
The award-winning track is next to the Sydney Park Cycling Centre. It has a shaded learn-to-ride area where kids can take part in bike clinics and courses. Tackle the twists, turns and challenges that help city kids to learn safe riding skills.
Sydney Park Bike Track has won an award
Kids of all ages can enjoy the award winning bike track at Sydney Park.
Also at Sydney Park
Community gardensSydney City FarmSt Peters
PlaygroundsSydney Park PlaygroundAlexandria
Hireable indoor spacesFoyer, Sydney Park Cycling CentreAlexandria
Hireable indoor spacesSydney Park PavilionSt Peters · 200 people
Talks, courses & workshopsCycling courses
Projects and programs
See how we have been improving Sydney Park’s infrastructure.
Park & playground worksSydney Park renewal projectsWe’re rebuilding park entries and infrastructure, and carrying out landscaping works following the widening of Euston and Campbell roads.In progress
Proposed works & maintenanceProposed design for stabilising and landscaping the Sydney Park brick kilns and surroundsStabilisation works and heritage interpretation throughout the site, and spaces for small outdoor events and gatherings.Closed · Alexandria, St Peters
Building new infrastructureNew skate park, Sydney ParkWith more than 2,000 skateboarders living in our area, and around 56,000 within 20km of Sydney Park, this public space will be enjoyed by many.Completed · Alexandria
Public health & safety programsSydney Park voluntary management proposalWe manage the former landfill site and regularly monitor gas levels.
Proposed works & maintenanceReview of environmental factors for Sydney Park frontage upgrade and new amenities blockA review of environmental factors that will allow reconstruction of park entries, park infrastructure and landscaping following the widening of Euston and Campbell roads.Completed · Alexandria
Improving streets & public spacesNew pedestrian crossing works at Sydney ParkImprovements include traffic signals, new pathways and landscaping near the cycling centre.Completed · Alexandria
Building new infrastructureNew water treatment plant at Sydney ParkIncreasing capacity for stormwater harvesting.Completed
Improving streets & public spacesSydney Park wetlands: Major works, creation and historyOur water reuse project has been honoured with leading industry prizes.Completed · Alexandria
Building & facility upgradesSydney Park chimney restorationWe ensured the brick kilns on the historic site are maintained and conserved.Completed
Park & playground worksNew Sydney Park bike trackWe worked with local communities to design and build one of Australia's best riding facilities for children.Completed · Alexandria
Talks, courses & workshopsCycling coursesDesigned to develop the skills and confidence required to be an effective bike rider in Sydney.
Drone safety rules
The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulations state that drones are prohibited from flying over or in the approach and departure path of an airport.