Project Status: When you need to do this
Construction works: End of year exclusion zones
Due to extended retail trading hours, school holidays and increased pedestrian traffic across the City of Sydney local area over the Christmas and New Year period there will be limited construction approvals.
Construction work approvals including crane licences, temporary works permits, road opening permits and hoarding works will be limited from 7 December 2020 to 2 January 2021.
All applications submitted will be treated on a case by case basis but are not guaranteed.
What you need to do
Read the guide
This application must be read with the road opening permit guide. Applicants must comply with all standard conditions detailed in the guide and any site specific conditions advised in the approval and in signing the form are agreeing to do so.
Complete the application form
- The form includes a checklist and outlines the fees.
- All fields must be completed. Any fields left blank may result in delaying the assessment of your application.
Lodge the form by email
Your application needs to be lodged with a minimum of 48 hours prior to the proposed date of works excluding weekends and public holidays.
Before you start
This application form is not used for adding permanent driveways or replacing redundant driveways with new footpaths. These require a driveway application form to be completed.
- This application must be read in conjunction with the road opening permit guide. Applicants must comply with all standard conditions detailed in the guide and any site specific conditions advised in the approval and in signing the form are agreeing to do so.
- We're entitled to recover the costs incurred in rectifying or repairing any work which does not fully satisfy the standard conditions of approval. We may claim the amount expended from any bond or deposit and may recover any shortfall from the billable party cited on this form as a debt due and owing.
- Works occurring during December are restricted due to extended trading hours and school holidays leading up to Christmas and New Year. All applications submitted for works during December will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- This application may be used for a maximum of 4 frontages of the same site.
- This application form is not a permit. Works should not commence until a permit has been obtained.
- A financial penalty or cancellation of a permit will apply for failing to comply with standard terms or any site-specific terms.