Terms and conditions
7 day cooling off period: If you decide to withdraw from the membership during this period, you must do so in writing to [email protected] Refunds / Membership Termination: All requests must be made in writing to [email protected]. A termination fee of 30% of the remaining contract value, capped at $200 applies to Standard Ezypay Contracts. No fees and a 48-hour notification period applies to Non-Contract memberships. Time-Stops: Are available for a minimum of 2 weeks and up to 3 months. EZYPAY Membership time-stops must be in increments of 2 weeks. Time-stops must be requested in writing to [email protected] PRIOR to leave being taken. Note: Time-stops will extend your contract by the period requested.
KGV Fitness centre rules
- All patrons must complete the pre-exercise questionnaire prior to entering the gym. If your medical/physical health status changes, please inform the gym by completing a new pre- exercise questionnaire for re-assessment.
- Patrons who are not familiar with the operation of any piece of equipment should ask a Fitness Instructor for assistance. Fitness Instructors are not responsible for equipment misuse.
- In the case of an accident, please notify the nearest staff member immediately.
- All gym users must use a towel on equipment at all times.
- All gym users must register their visit with ground floor reception prior to working out.
- Appropriate workout attire is required. Closed-toed, athletic shoes must be worn at all times.
- Bags & all personal belongings must be stored in a locker. KGV is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- No food or drink allowed in the Fitness Centre except for clear liquids in resealable plastic containers.
- Personal training is not permitted by anyone except those approved by the Fitness Centre.
- All members and trainers are not permitted to promote non-KGV authorised Health & Fitness services to other members.
- Please respect all equipment: do not drop dumbbells, plates or barbells, and return everything to its designated storage area after use.
- Patrons not adhering to these rules may be asked to leave the premises.
Ezypay periodicbilling memberships and permanent locker hire
- A. EZYPAY Pty Ltd are the company entrusted with our transactions. Please read Ezypay’s terms and conditions www.ezypay.com.au or ph. 1300 300 553 for more information. Memberships are billed bi-weekly for the term of the contract period from a nominated credit card or bank account.
- B. A one off EZYPAY set up fee of $8.67 (subject to change without notice) will be charged by EZYPAY upon your first direct debit. Failed payments also incur a $17.33 fee (subject to change without notice) by EZYPAY. Your financial institution may also charge you a fee for failed payments. Ezypay also charge a data handling fee every 3 months
To be eligible for Concession rates one of the following must be provided - ImmiCard, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, Ex-Carer Allowance (Child) Health Care Card, Foster Child Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card, NSW Half-Fare Entitlement Card for job seekers, Seniors Card, Student ID Cards, NSW Companion Card, Department of Veterans Affairs Concession cards, Proof of receipt of Centrelink payments, Full-time students, including international students
Multiple visits passes
Expire 12 months from the date of purchase or once all visits have been used. Health privacy protection notice: The purpose of collection of your personal information is to assist King George V Recreation Centre provide appropriate services to you. The intended recipients of the information are centre staff and fitness co-ordinators. The supply of the information is voluntary but failure to provide accurate details may lead to ill health. KGV reserves the right to cancel a membership if information supplied is false. Access / correction of information is available by writing to Centre Management or by Freedom of Information Application. The document will be stored at the KGV Fitness Centre in a locked storage facility. Complaints about breaches of your privacy must be in writing addressed to Council's Privacy Officer; Freedom of Information Officer, GPO Box 1591, Sydney NSW 2001.
When engaging in fitness programs and fitness classes accidents can happen which may result in me being injured or my death. I declare that I have voluntarily read and understood this Warning, Exclusion of Liability and Release and Indemnity and accept and assume the risk of injury from participating in fitness programs and fitness classes, including but not limited to Boot camp, Yoga, Gentle Exercise, High Intensity Interval Training, Cross Train, Pilates, Trigger Point, Boxing, Circuit, Basketball Conditioning etc. and participating in any other activity carried out by King George V Recreation Centre or its fitness professionals.
Exclusion of liability
Except to the extent that terms are implied into a contract for the sale of goods and services by the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or other legislation, and cannot by contract be excluded, I agree that in consideration of being allowed to participate in fitness activities of the King George V Recreation Centre that the King George V Recreation Centre, and its directors, fitness professionals, employees, agents or contractors are absolved from all liability however arising from any injury or damage however caused (whether fatal or otherwise) due to any act of negligence to the fullest extent permitted by law (other than gross negligence), breach of duty, default and/or omission on the part of the King George V Recreation Centre.
Release and indemnity
In consideration of the King George V Recreation Centre providing me with membership of the King George V Recreation Centre, which entitles me to engage in fitness activities of the King George V Recreation Centre, I:
- Release and forever discharge the King George V Recreation Centre from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties, fines, costs and expenses however arising that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my involvement in fitness activities of the King George V Recreation Centre; and
- Indemnify King George V Recreation Centre to the extent permitted under the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or otherwise by law in respect of any actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties, fines, costs and expenses, arising as a result of or in connection with my involvement in fitness activities of the King George V Recreation Centre whether caused or contributed to, directly or indirectly, by any act of negligence to the fullest extent permitted by law (other than gross negligence), breach of duty, default and/or omission on the part of insert members name.
Fitness to participate I declare that I am medically and physically fit and free from impairment and able to participate in the fitness activities. I have undertaken or will undertake all necessary medical and/or fitness assessments and examinations.