1. Application of General Terms and Conditions
The booking of tickets, and attendance at the Event is subject to these General Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time as well as any conditions of entry to a Vantage Point notified to you on the night of the Event.
By acquiring a ticket for a Vantage Point and/or attending a Vantage Point, you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
In these General Terms and Conditions:
- ‘City’ means The Council of the City of Sydney ABN 22 636 550 790, acting as operator of Sydney New Year’s Eve.
- ‘Event’ means 2021 Sydney New Year’s Eve.
- ‘Vantage Point’ means a City of Sydney owned and managed vantage point for the Event including Observatory Hill Park, Embarkation Park, Pirrama Park, Giba Park, Bicentennial Park and Beare Park.
- ‘You’ means any person attending the Event.
If You can no longer attend a performance due to the circumstances referred to in this section, please cancel Your ticket through the Humanitix website.
3. Lost Tickets
It is Your responsibility to keep your tickets safe. The City recommends that You keep an electronic copy of Your booking. Replacement of lost, stolen or missing tickets will not be possible.
While the City of Sydney will endeavour to keep you informed about the Event, details may change sometimes with little or no notice. This may include but is not limited to a change in the Event program or Event cancellation.
5. Refusal of Admission
The City may refuse entry to or have you removed from a Vantage Point, where:
a) you fail to comply with these General Terms and Conditions, the Covid–19 Conditions of Entry described in section 7 or the reasonable directions of a City of Sydney representative.
b) you are intoxicated or you behave in a threatening, disruptive or offensive manner;
c) you interfere unreasonably with any other person’s enjoyment of the Event or with the City’s staff; or
d) as specified elsewhere in these General Terms and Conditions.
All children must be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times and may be refused admission or attendance if not accompanied by a supervising adult.
6. Vantage Point Information and Conditions of Entry
Conditions of entry are located outside each event site and must be adhered to when attending the event.
7. Covid–19 Conditions
Due to the uncertain nature of Covid-19, the City may need to make changes to the Event details and/or these General Terms and Conditions from time to time to reflect the latest public health updates and best practice.
(a) For the safety and wellbeing of all visitors, you must not come to the Event or any Vantage Point if you:
- feel unwell or if you are displaying any of the Covid-19 symptoms as identified by NSW Health from time to time (such as fever, cough, sore/scratchy throat, shortness of breath, loss of smell or loss of taste);
- have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days or are awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test;
- are required to self-isolate or quarantine;
- have been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the 14 days prior to the Event;
- have returned from overseas or have visited a “positive Covid-19 case location” as outlined by NSW Government in the last 14 days prior to the Event.
(b) You must check-in to the Vantage Point using the Service NSW Covid-19 Check-in App.
The City will be minimising contact during the scanning or checking of tickets – please have your ticket handy either printed or on your phone upon entry.
(c) Whilst attending the Vantage Point you must:
i. at all times adhere to the COVID-Safe Plan applicable to the respective Vantage Point;
ii. practise physical distancing at all times and follow the directions given by the City’s staff as well as signage and markings.
iii. follow NSW Health etiquette for coughs and sneezes – use a tissue or your elbow, dispose of tissues promptly and hygienically, and practise safe hand hygiene.
8. Photographs, Recordings and Privacy
The City reserves the right to record, broadcast and/or telecast activity at any of the Vantage Points and you consent to the use of any image or recording taken of you, and anyone for whom you are responsible, whilst attending the Event. The City is not obliged to use, broadcast or provide to you any such recording.
Attendance at the Event and its Vantage Points is at your own risk. The City is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, expense, illness or injury however caused or any consequential loss or damage, arising from your visit to the Event and its Vantage Points.
You are at all times responsible for your personal possessions such as bags, mobile phones and other items you bring to the Event and its Vantage Points and must not leave any of your possessions unattended at any time.
10. No Waiver
Any failure of the City to enforce its rights under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of the City’s rights.
11. Changes to these General Terms and Conditions
The City may amend these General Terms and Conditions from time to time by updating them on the City of Sydney website. Please ensure you review the terms and conditions prior to attending the Event.
These General Terms and Conditions were last updated on 1 November 2021.