Year of the Dragon drawings – Sydney Lunar Festival 2024
Young illustrators aged 5 to 12 years can submit their best dragon drawings to be showcased as part of the Sydney Lunar Festival outdoor exhibition program.
Submissions now closed
- Submissions open: Monday 8 May
- Submissions close: 11:59pm, Sydney time on Monday 26 June
How to submit your drawings
- Complete the entry form and attach a photo of the drawing. A smartphone photo is fine.
- Keep the original drawings in a safe place. Selected drawings will need to be posted to us.
- Make sure you read the terms and conditions before submitting your drawings.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for vibrant, colourful drawings of dragons that demonstrate any of the following:
- celebrating the Lunar New Year
- highly imaginative
- performing, anything from dancing to juggling or singing
- holding a red envelope or lantern
- happy, friendly, smiling, laughing, cheeky
- strong and bold.
You can submit up to 3 different drawings, choosing from the actions and qualities listed above.
In 40 words or less, provide a short description about your dragon – does it have a name, or special skills you can tell us about?
- The dragon drawing must be drawn in portrait orientation. Use A3 paper and make your drawing as large as possible on the page
- Submissions can be drawn using any materials including pencils, paint, crayons, or in digital format, for example, Adobe Illustrator
- Do not add any background colour or details to your artwork – the dragon needs to be the feature of your artwork
Something to consider
The selected dragon drawings will be included in Sydney Lunar Festival 2024 as outdoor street decals or posters. Your dragon drawing needs to stand out and be recognisable from a distance.