Smart green apartments
We’ve helped more than 200 buildings save thousands of dollars each year on running and maintenance costs.
Free expert advice to reduce energy and water use in apartment buildings.
We welcome a yearly intake of participants into our awarding winning program.
Residents can save money and help reduce carbon emissions and water use in the city.
What can be achieved
Aria, a 15-storey apartment building in Waterloo, is now saving $61,000 each year through:
- lighting upgrades
- installing variable speed drives on pumps and fans
- rooftop solar panels.
Cleveland Mews, a 66-unit apartment building in Redfern, is saving 82% in energy use through:
- installing heat pumps for the swimming pool and spa.
Each participating strata plan receives:
- energy and water assessments – NABERS rating
- an energy action plan with recommended improvements
- a presentation on NABERS ratings and energy action plans
- tailored advice on improving waste management and recycling
- a WaterFix program by Sydney Water, if the building meets certain criteria
- access to webinars, resources and opportunities to connect with people in other buildings through our leadership network.
How to take part
Buildings will be chosen based on:
- capacity and commitment to improve environmental performance and resilience
- potential for making big savings – we’ll consider issues like the size and complexity of your building, and the amount of energy and water consumed.