Water savings partnership
Provides businesses support and resources to increase water efficiency.
The Water Savings Partnership program, in collaboration with Sydney Water provides businesses with support and resources to increase water efficiency.
Water use assessment
The program encourages you to learn how much water your business is using. We provide help with:
- desktop assessments
- onsite assessments
- temporary remote monitoring
- industry benchmarking information.
Ratings and benchmarking
- NABERS can help your business benchmark your water performance
- The City of Sydney can provide a grant for obtaining your water ratings
- Ongoing remote monitoring and sub-metering of water use is key to help businesses stay on track and avoid abnormal consumption such as leaks
- The City of Sydney offers grants to businesses for sub and smart metering to support this measure.
Alternative water sources
Businesses in the City of Sydney local area can connect to non-potable water in 3 communities – Green Square, Central Park and Barangaroo.
If your business is located outside one of these areas, there may be other options to use reusable water, such as rainwater tanks.
Join our mission
The Water Savings Partnership program is supporting our existing sustainability programs.
Our direct engagement programs include:
Our industry partnerships include: