Project Status: In progress
What we’re doing
The work on Macleay Street follows consultation with local residents and businesses to develop the design.
Works will make the area safer for people walking, help calm traffic, and improve the streetscape with more trees and plants.
Work includes installing:
- wider footpaths to provide more space for people walking
- raised continuous footpath treatments from Orwell Street to Rockwall Crescent
- a raised intersection at Macleay Street and Greenknowe Avenue
- new lighting, seating and street furniture
- more street trees and new garden beds
- 2 in-lane bus stops on the eastern and western side of Macleay Street.
Detailed designs are available for pavings in side streets:
- Crick Avenue and Manning Street (PDF 564KB)
- Orwell Street and Greenknowe Avenue (PDF 443KB)
- Rockwall Crescent and Challis Avenue (PDF 439KB)
The City’s contractor, Sydney Civil Pty Ltd will carry out the work, which started in October 2020 and should take about 18 months, weather permitting.
A service location and investigation program started in mid-September 2020 to identify any buried services in key areas.
Sydney Civil will notify residents and businesses of construction times and dates before works are due to start outside their properties. You can view weekly updates for this project.
Plan of works