Project Status: Completed
What we’re doing
The upgrade includes:
- new play equipment with a triple swing set, play structure with slides and see-saw
- plants in the play area for sensory play, a balance beam and steppers
- new fitness station with upper and lower body equipment
- new shade structure, playground fence, sitting wall and seating
- wider footpath to Samuel Street
- new trees and plants
- maintaining the open grass and protecting mature trees.
Impacts and disruptions
The park and playground will be closed during the works. The nearest playgrounds are:
- Albert Sloss Reserve Playground, Palmer Street, Darlinghurst
- Fanny Place Playground, Bourke Street, Surry Hills.
We will take steps to minimise other impacts. However, there will be some machinery noise and dust. Parking on Campbell and Samuel streets may be temporarily impacted while we deliver materials and equipment. There will be footpath access at all times.