Project Status: In progress
What we’re doing
Upgrades that will include:
- a double swing set, a balance beam, steppers and a see-saw
- a play structure with slides and climbing nets
- an accessible ramp from William Street and entry from Queen Street
- a barbecue and picnic settings
- a shade structure, playground fence, sitting walls and seating
- new trees and plants
- maintaining the open grass and protecting mature trees.
Impacts and disruptions
The playground will be closed during the works but other parts of the park will stay open. The nearest playgrounds are:
- Janet Beirne Reserve Playground, Victoria Street, Beaconsfield
- Sweetacres Park Playground, Rothschild Avenue, Rosebery.
We will take steps to minimise other impacts. However, there will be some machinery noise and dust.