Car sharing policy
Aims to increase use of car sharing and ensure our car sharing program is well-governed and transparent.
- We installed our first car sharing parking space in 2008.
- Since then, over 800 dedicated on-street car share parking spaces have been added to the network (around 2% of all kerbside parking).
- In addition, our local planning controls will increase the number of car sharing spaces provided in new commercial and residential developments.
- Residents and businesses in our area hold over 50,000 car share memberships.
- Car share users typically avoid or curtail vehicle ownership, resulting in fewer cars and emissions, and less competition for parking.